Mrs Rebekah Black
Our library program incorporates many aspects of literature appreciation engaging students to find a love of readingand a create meaningful connections to books utilising a variety of strategies such as:
· Reading aloud to students
· Highlighting different literary genres e.g. humour, fantasy, adventure, fables, mystery, fairy tales, Non-fiction etc
· Displays for themes and special events e.g. Naidoc Week, Book Week, Anzac Day, National simultaneous Story Time etc
· Planned events such as Book Week, Book Fair, National Simultaneous Story time and Author / Illustrator visits
· Library shelf organisation (Dewey Decimal Classification)
· Using the enquiry approach to research
Cassia Primary has an abundance of resources including books, magazines, DVDs, charts, kits.
Please make sure that your child has a cloth library bag or similar for protecting books as they are carried to and from school and that it is clearly marked with their name. As parents, you can assist by finding out your child’s weekly scheduled borrowing session and ensuring that the books are returned on time.
Reminder: Student loans are for one week with an extension for a further week available if the child has not finished reading the book in that time.
In addition to the class borrowing session, children can return and borrow books at the following times:
Monday – Friday before school (from 7.50 – 8.05am) and after school Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (2.20 – 2.40). The library is open at lunch time for Minecraft Club Tuesdays and Lego Club Thursdays.
We look forward to seeing you children in the Library.